Sunday, October 3, 2010

To The Former Lovers of my Youth


I have loved you but not as much as I should,

I’ve cared a lot but not to the highest extent

I’ve been real…true to what I believe was

But not enough to prove I was certain


I was sure but somewhat hesitant

Feelings were sincere but somehow inexact

Love existed as though it did not

Happiness was there yet seemed inconstant.


Sorry is the least word I could just say,

I have done my part to let you know,

Perhaps forgiving me is not so easy,

It’s my biggest mistake hurting you


Our break-up wounded my heart too,

There were days I missed your nearness

Times we had together were of great value

But our love has not passed the test.


Time has borrowed us few moments

To share all the laughter and pains,

Memories to remember through ages

Stuck in the heart like unseen stains


We may have parted ways in the past

Gone through unhappy bitter ends,

As we let go and move on at last,

I do hope to own you as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment