Friday, July 16, 2010

Heaven-Sent Friend

Closed were the doors of my heart for a friend's approach,
Shut were the windows of my soul for anyone to come close,
Blocked were the paths to my mind for friendly thoughts,
Ruined were the bridges to myself for attachment growth.

Chances had fled from my heart's void recesses,
Hope had vanished from my mind's vacant spaces
Burdens had occupied my soul's emptiness
Walls had replaced the unrepaired bridges.

Solitude has been my constant companion,
Teary eyes were my outlets of emotion
Lost friends' memories caused total depression
Lingering continually in my vision.

Special people have come across my way
Bringing bunch of promises to stay
Excessive love, care and trust have I given
Yet I still lost my dearest valuable friends.

Having suffered all the pains of losing
I swore not to open my wounded heart again
And decisively started living all alone
In the fear of another loss and frustration.

Now here you come knocking on my door,
Shall I unlock my fastened heart, mind and soul?
Are you the kind of friend that's sent from heaven?
To inspire me with HOPE of FRIENDSHIP once again.

(RIZ)


No comments:

Post a Comment